Monday, May 26, 2008

10 interviews!!!

Well my partner Jasmine and I have completed our first 10 interviews (our group only sent out mailers out to let families know that we're back and wanting to do follow-up interivews on the 9th, and started making phone calls on the 12th.) Each partnership has to do 52 before the end of the summer (there are a total of 500 families), and therefore I need to do at least half (since I'm leaving early) and I'm actually shooting for 30-35. So Saturday, we had two interviews scheduled, but when we went to the first house, the family had forgotten or something and when we tried calling to see if they were just running late or whatever, the phone got disconnected and we haven't gotten in touch since... but we did get the other one done. Had the first been there, we would have had our first 10 done on Saturday night, but since it wouldn't be until Sunday that we get to our 10th family (we occasionally have to do interviews on Sundays as that is the only time they are available), we decided to celebrate on Saturday night... so we went to 7-11 and got a slurpee!

We're at the office in this picture, and I just realized that we were outside the bathroom, and you can see our lovely shower curtain that I don't even know why it's there (the shower curtain)... I don't know who would shower at the office, everyone has a shower in their apt... hmm oh well :)

Charity (another Researcher, and Jasmine's roomate), me, and Jasmine doing post editing, where we enter the date, family ID #, and our initials on every page of the survey, and making the DVD's from the interviews (there is a "video task" where we record the families interacting and discussing questions that are asked of them on cards) and other office work...
So these pix are out of order, and I could easily arrange them, but I won't, this way, it will keep you on your toes to know what I did earlier this week:

After an interview on Thursday night (I think it was Thursday) my roomate Jessica and I went downstairs to watch Mr. and Mrs. Smith with her partner Bryon and his sister Whitney...

Jessica and me at the FF party on Friday night, we watched a silent film called "THE GENERAL"

it stared a dude by the name of Buster Keaton (I've never heard of him before, but apparently he was rather famous back-in-the-day... like in the 20's). Apparently, he did his own stunts, like the one pictured below, while the train was actually moving...It was my first time watching a silent film, and it was pretty good. they had a much more difficult job acting than actors today, because they couldn't talk and therefore their body language had to be much more obvious... so the overdramatic affect made it more funny... I would definitely recommend it!

1 comment:

T. Lopez said...

hey look who has a blog!! I think everyone should, seriously! You look great, like you're having fun, even w/o roger. Glad to see he'll be there in 2 days, 4 hours, 35 minutes & 12 seconds...(courtesy of your countdown, I'm not really keeping track...) Have fun with him this weekend!!! And good job on your first 10. Maybe later I'll be able to figure out what you're interviewing for...
=)